Monday, May 31, 2010

Winter

Winter after a week of heavy rain.

Autumn from my desk.

As you can see from the images above things are moving rapidly in the garden as the seasons change and, on the subject of change, what has happened with blogger draft which wont let me upload photos anymore? With it I could have waxed poetically about the above images and managed to place them in the correct order!
Any way the winds are howling and the rain is bucketing down as I work on a big yellow painting which I think may have been inspired by autumn colour. I always wrestle with yellow paint and this work is no exception. I might post an image if I win the fight.


5 comments:

Denis Wilson said...

Hi Susan
Lovely light in your images.
Forgive me for being so slow to discover your Blog.
Cheers
Denis

Jen said...

Win that fight 'cos I LOVE yellow and I want to see what you paint! Your garden looks so lovely with those delicious autumn colours. It makes me want to curl up in front of a fireplace with a good book...

em said...

susan, i love the photo at top, it looks like rain on the window you shot through? the composition and colors are enticing!

Susan Buret said...

Thanks for the kind comments Denis, Jen and Em. Photography is not my strong suite but theres nothing like a bit of northern light and rain drops on the window to add atmosphere.
Jen, we are lighting fires. it might be time for you and spud to plan a visit.

Cindy Morefield said...

Yellow is tricky and wonderful. I'm sure you'll win the fight, and will be looking forward to seeing the result!