Monday, September 7, 2009

Stargazzy


Susan Buret. Stargazzy. 2009. Acrylic on Canvas Board. 457mm x 356mm.

I am one of several women artists invited by Artereal Gallery in Sydney to take part in the Exhibition Tickled Pink which runs from 7 to 31 October 2009. The exhibition is being held in association with Breast Cancer Network Australia a cause very close to my heart.
Stargazzy is my contribution to the exhibition. Once again I have worked with geometric patterns which suggest tile designs and form a screen through which the sky is viewed.


4 comments:

Nicola Moss said...

WOW. This work looks great Susan. Congratulations, great gallery to show in.

Knots and crosses?

keep up the great work.

Susan Buret said...

Thank you for your feedback Nicola. I haven't worked on canvas board (which was supplied to all participating artists) for years so I was a bit apprehensive about the outcome. I threw caution to the wind and thought 'if it's good enough for Imants Tillers it's good enough for me'

Anonymous said...

oh how I would love to see this in person. It sounds wonderful. The blog is looking great too! Congratulations on all the goings on. :)

Jen said...

Me love love love this piece of work. The sweet, fresh country air & all the construction work is obviously creating positive synergy!